Thanks for considering to send in your idea. Here you can read about the criteria for applying and check out the timeline towards Partos Innovation Festival on October 11, where you might win The Spindle Award for Best Idea 2018 and €5000 seed money. Apply by submitting the form below (deadline: May 31)!
We are looking for ideas that tackle a specific problem related to one of the four Spindle themes. Your idea does not have to disrupt and change the whole world, but we ask for you to be dedicated towards the solution of a problem within development and that end users will see as an improvement. An idea for The Spindle Summer Labs could be a lot of things: a new project or programme, a policy that lets NGOs do their work more effectively, an application that brings together data or people, or a new process that facilitates support staff. It could be a service in disaster areas, a product that empowers people that are in some way excluded, or even a new approach to a political or scientific discussion. Read more about what an idea could look like here in this blog post.
While selecting the 10 best ideas of 2018, the jury will focus on the following criteria:
- Relevance to one or more of The Spindle themes
- A clear problem: the idea contributes to a clear problem or need in the world of development cooperation and NGOs.
- Originality: How original is your idea? Does your idea provide a distinctive, new solution to development cooperation?
- Impact: How big is the impact you can create with your idea?
- Sustainability: how (financially) sustainable is your idea? If it isn’t sustainable yet, we will explore potential ways of future sustainability.
- Scalability: How and to which extent can we scale it up?
- Appeal: Can you make people enthusiastic about your idea?
- Team: You don’t necessarily need to have the perfect team in place, but is your team committed? How are you connected to organisations that can bring your idea further? Do you have solid knowledge and experience in the context of the idea? And are you open to new approaches and new collaborations?
When you apply for Best Idea 2018 you agree to our Terms & Conditions Best Idea 2018. (Note: travel costs are at your own expense!) If you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact us through email@example.com. Apply by filling out the form below. Good luck and hope to see you on June 15!