Are you working on an innovative project within Safety & Protection or Access to Modern Energy? Will your innovation make these forms of humanitarian aid more impactful and efficient?
We are looking for life-saving or life-improving innovations to help the most vulnerable people impacted by humanitarian or natural crises. Innovations that engage the private sector and/or involve input from affected communities using data in order to provide, supply, or locally generate clean water and sanitation, energy, life-saving information, or health supplies and services to help people affected. This, therefore, means that we are specifically looking for initiatives that will make humanitarian aid more effective and efficient, in the fields of Safety and Protection and Energy in particular.
Innovations, projects, solutions, approaches are required to have passed the first test pilot phase stage. This means that initiatives have to be proven effective either in the humanitarian sector or another sector and are transferable. We want to see pilots and innovations that can scale. Are you, or do you know someone who works on such an initiative? Please spread the word and apply!
Who can apply?
- The project was set up at least 6 months but not more than 3 years ago at the time of submission.
- The submission should contain a clear explanation on how the project contributes to DCHI’s current Initiatives: Safety and Protection and Access to Modern Energy.
- You have already collaborated with partners (preferably from the private or development sector) who are committed to contribute to the innovation.
- Should you win, you or another representative of your project is available to come to the Netherlands on the 11th of October and participate in the Partos Innovation Festival, and on the 5th of November to host a roundtable at the DCHI Annual Event @ Impact Fest in The Hague.
What’s to win?
The award will be presented at the Partos Innovation Festival . Aside from giving shortlisted candidates a chance to meet fellow contestants and network with potential donors, DCHI is offering the winner:
- A Premium DCHI Innovation Support Package (valued at €8000,-): we will help you to bring your innovation to the next level by defining the next steps together and other forms of support, completely tailored to your needs.
- A “seat at the table” at the DCHI Annual Event: you will get the chance to present your innovation to 150+ event participants from NGO’s, to government to private sectors.
- Extensive media attention: via DCHI’s media channels, online and/or radio and newspapers.
- Introduction to relevant partners: in the DCHI network.
The call for the DCHI Award for Best Humanitarian Innovation is closed
Are you interested in staying up to date about the continuation of the Awards, then subscribe to our newsletter.